What I Read
- The Winner's Kiss by Marie Rutkoski, 5/5 ★ This one was the perfect ending to an even more perfect trilogy. If you haven't read The Winner's Curse yet, what are you even doing?
- The Score by Elle Kennedy, 3/5 ★ After such an epic fantasy book, I needed some light reading, and this one worked wonderfully for that. New Adult is my go-to genre when I need to stop thinking and just read, and Elle Kennedy has managed to keep my eye-rolling at a minimum with her Off-Campus companion series.
- The Heir by Kiera Cass, 4/5 ★ This was definitely the biggest surprise for me this month. I went into this book with pretty low expectations, and they were far exceeded! Here's my full review.
- A Gathering of Shadows by V.E. Schwab, 5/5 ★ This book blew me away. I still think about it all the time, and it's given me the worst book hangover. Nothing will ever live up to the awesomeness that was this book. I attempted to write a coherent review, but mostly just shouted how much I loved EVERYTHING.
- Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon, 3/5 ★ Unfortunately, this book didn't really meet my expectations. I wrote a full review for this one as well.
- Uprooted by Naomi Novik, 5/5 ★ This was all around great. Beautiful writing, gripping plot, complex characters and a unique, rather dark feel to the whole story - it definitely lived up to the hype for me!
What I Bought
That's it! What are some new additions to your bookshelf?
Any new favorites you discovered this month?