Wednesday, April 5, 2017

March 2017 Wrap-Up


March started out great reading-wise, but towards the end I began slacking a little and then fell into a reading slump. Luckily, I'm still 10 books ahead in my reading challenge, so I'm not stressed out about it at all.

What I Read


I read a total of six books in March which is pretty average for me, so I'm happy with that. 
  • A Conjuring of Light by V.E. Schwab, 5/5 ★
  • As expected, I absolutely loved this book. It was one of my most anticipated releases of the year, and it didn't disappoint. The series in general is purely amazing and I highly recommend it. This third book was a little darker and more depressing than the others but it wrapped the story up nicely, the characters are still my favorite and the writing was great - basically everything I'm used to in a Victoria Schwab book.

  • Furiously Happy: A Funny Book About Horrible Things by Jenny Lawson, 3/5 ★
  • I listened to the audiobook of this over the course of several months and it was a little bit of an up-and-down for me. There were parts I really enjoyed, namely the ones where Jenny actually talks about her mental illness and how she deals with it. The rest of the book wasn't really for me, mostly because it wasn't my type of humor.

  • The Inexplicable Logic of My Life by Benjamin Alire Sáenz, 5/5 ★
  • I wrote a full-length review for this one which you can read here. The short version is: I loved this book. Very much.

  • All I Know Now: Wonderings and Reflections on Growing Up Gracefully by Carrie Hope Fletcher, 4/5 ★
  • I also listened to this on audiobook and that worked out great for me. I've watched Carrie's youtube videos for a few years now and listening to this audiobook felt just like watching her. Even though this is clearly aimed at a younger audience than me, I still really enjoyed it and could definitely take away a few things from it. Overall, the advice Carrie gave may be a little on the generic side but as someone who hasn't read a lot of books like this one, that didn't bother me at all.

  • Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander / J.K. Rowling, 4/5 ★
  • This is a lovely addition to my Harry Potter collection, and even though I can't say it's a must-read for anyone, I still enjoyed learning about the different beasts and flew through the book.

  • The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin, 3/5 ★
  • While I did enjoy reading this one, I never fully got into it. I don't even really know what it was but I just didn't care enough about the characters and the story to really get invested, and the ending kind of put me off from continuing with the series right away. I might still read the rest of the series at some point, but this first book was just kind of mehh for me and unfortunately didn't live up to the hype.

New Books


I got seven new books in March, which is more than I read this month but then again I have already read Before We Were Strangers so basically I only added six books to my TBR which is fine? Maybe? I'm not really on a book buying ban but I do try to only buy the books I'm really dying for and not buy more than I actually read in general. If that makes sense. But anyway, here are the books I got:

That's it. As you can see, I was a little confused when taking the pictures for this post. I forgot to include A Conjuring of Light in the first picture and then Strange the Dreamer in the second.. I hope you can forgive me!

What's your favorite book you read in March?



No comments:

Post a Comment