Wednesday, April 20, 2016

March 2016 Wrap-Up

Let's ignore the fact that it's already mid-April for a second, because I want to share my March Wrap-Up today! March has been a pretty eventful month for me and on top of that my uni workload is getting bigger and bigger. Somehow, I still read (and bought) an acceptable amount of books though and I even managed to catch up with my goodreads reading challenge for a second (now I'm behind again, but that's okay).

What I Read

  • Me Before You by Jojo Moyes, 3/5 ★ 
  • I think my problem with this book was that my expectations were simply too high from all the raving reviews I had read. As it was, I was rather underwhelmed, and didn't even cry a single tear, which in itself is a miracle for me. For my full review go here.

  • Stars Above by Marissa Meyer, 5/5 ★ 
  • This book was everything I had hoped for. Additional background information on all my favorite characters as well as more closure. I loved every single story in this book. If you're a fan of The Lunar Chronicles (and who isn't?), this book will definitely make you very, very happy.

  • Kindred Spirits by Rainbow Rowell, 4/5 ★ 
  • I don't have much to say about this other than: read it. It's a short story about a girl camping out for the new Star Wars movie, and even though I'm not very much of a Star Wars fan myself, I really enjoyed it. It was quick, cute and quirky and left a smile on my lips.

  • Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare, 5/5 ★ 
  • I honestly feel like Cassandra Clare's books are getting better and better. Lady Midnight offered so much, and I loved it all. So many new characters were introduced that were all very individual and interesting. The whole Blackthorn family has definitely found a special place in my heart and so did Emma and Christina and everyone else. And as always, this book was super fast paced and action packed. Even though it's huge, I never lost interested or felt like the story was moving too slowly. Definitely recommend this one to all the Shadowhunter fans out there!

  • A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab, 5/5 ★ 
  • V.E. Schwab is without a doubt incredibly talented with words. I love the worlds she created in this book and most of all, I loved how different the three of them were. While this book didn't make me feel all the feels or anything, I definitely care deeply for the unique characters and I can't wait to see what the future books will bring.

What I Bought


That's all for my March wrap-up! I hope you all had a successful month!

What's your favorite book you read this month?
Any exciting new addition to your shelves?



No comments:

Post a Comment