Sunday, October 4, 2015

September 2015 Wrap-Up

Hello there. It's the beginning of October and therefore time for my September Wrap-Up.

What I Read

I was kind of shocked when I looked at my goodreads and noticed that I only read three books this month. But then I remembered that I also re-read the first three Throne of Glass books, so I guess that makes a total of six books, which I'm totally okay with. Here's what I read:

  • Never Always Sometimes by Adi Alsaid, ★★★
  • This was somewhere around 3.5 stars for me. I really liked the first part of the book and Dave as a character, but the second part was a huge disappointment. I wasn't a huge fan of the writing and I didn't like Julia very much at all. Then the ending was really wrong somehow in my opinion. I had been so incredibly excited for this book but it was quite the let-down, unfortunately.

  • Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas, ★★★★★
  • This had been one of my most anticipated books of the whole year and it did not let me down at all (for the most part). It was so action packed that I couldn't put it down and I can't wait to see how everything will continue from here. I just have to mention something that I kind of hated, but since it contains spoilers don't read it if you haven't read the book!  View/Hide Spoiler

  • The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater, ★★★★★
  • I don't know where to start with this one. It was absolute perfection. I am so in love with all of Stiefvater's characters, especially Ronan. I had already really enjoyed the first book but now this was so much better. The whole story is unpredictable and original and just pure awesomeness. Can I please be friends with Gansey and Blue and all of them?

That's already it for the books I finished in September. I also read quite a big chunk of Blue Lily, Lily Blue, but I'll include that one in next months wrap-up.

What I Bought

Okay so I know I said in my August Wrap-Up that I don't want to buy any more books for the rest of the year, but I still have five books to mention here. That's okay, though, because two I received from my amazing boyfriend and one I had preordered (and that's okay!). The other two I had already bought when I wrote last month's wrap-up, so technically, I didn't break my rules. But anyway, here are the books I got:


October TBR

As you might now, I am not very good with sticking to TBRs. In fact, I am very bad at it. I made a post about my Fall TBR, which you can look at here. I will just pick the book that interests me most from that list. At the moment, though, I am already reading a book that is not, in fact, on that list. But oh well. I also recently realized how absolutely horribly I'm doing with the 2015 Authors A to Z Reading Challenge. This is bothering me less than it should, and I'm already kind of okay with the fact that I probably won't be able to complete it. But I might try to slightly adapt my TBR for the rest of the year so that I will be able to check off a few more letters.

On the Blog

I'm going to do this quick and painless: I only uploaded two posts, my August Wrap-Up and a Top Ten Tuesday (Fall TBR). Shame on you, Karin. SHAME. ON. YOU.

Life

To be honest, I am kind of glad that September is over. It wasn't the best month for me, although it started pretty good, i.e. with holidays. My boyfriend and I went to Italy for a week, which technically should be relaxing and wonderful. For some reason, and don't ask me how I did it, I managed to hurt my back so that I wasn't able to walk or stand up straight for two days. Great. Luckily, it got much better rather quickly after those first two very painful days. I was even able to go on a trip to Berlin to play soccer only a few days after, so it didn't end up ruining all my holiday plans. But then university started and somehow it managed to drain me of all energy and motivation for everything. I didn't read very much and I didn't study at all. Again, great. That's why I am so ready for October, and hopefully I will get back into the swing of things soon.

Okay, so that's it. I hope you all had a great month and happy October to you!



No comments:

Post a Comment