Saturday, August 15, 2015

Saturday's Quote #1

Hello there. I'm here today with something slightly different and new. I, like a lot of other people, love quotes from books. And when I read one that I really like, I write them down in a notebook so that I can read them again and again. They're usually not the most meaningful ones, but the ones that I, for some reason, couldn't get out of my head. Of course I also like to go through the goodreads quote section to find new ones that I missed in books that I've read, and I write those down as well. So over time, I have accumulated a number of book quotes in my little notebook.

I also like to go through tumblr and Pinterest to look for pretty quote pictures. I've always admired these and I've wanted to maybe print one that I really like and put it up in my room. So far, that hasn't happened yet. 

But today, for the first time, I thought, why not try it out myself. I'm not the most creative person and I don't even own Photoshop or anything like that, so I just experimented a little with PicMonkey instead. Usually, when I try things like that, I have such high expectations that I'm always really disappointed with the result and it makes me realize that I really am not very talented in anything creative. But today, for some reason, I'm so pleased with the result that I even wanted to share it here. 

So this is the picture I created of a Dumbledore quote from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows:


As I said, I'm really happy with how it turned out, even though it obviously still doesn't look quite as cool as some others that I've seen. It might just be a one-time thing, but maybe I'll decide to make another picture of a quote at some point. It did take me quite a bit of time to create this one, so I don't want to say that I'm going to post one every week or so. I don't even know what I'm saying, I just really wanted to share the picture. And of course, I hope you like it too.



No comments:

Post a Comment