Saturday, January 31, 2015

January Wrap-Up

Don't mind all the balloons in this post, it's my sister's birthday today.

Well hello there. Unfortunately, January is already coming to an end and university is starting again soon. But I'm here today to talk about happier things: the books I read in the very first month of 2015! Even though I had to study quite a bit this month (exams suck) and am also working, I found time to read 9 books in January. This isn't the most books in a month I've ever read but I'm still happy with it, considering that some of these books were quite big. 



So here are the books I read in January 2015:
  • My True Love Gave To Me edited by Stephanie Perkins, ★★★★
    This is one I'm sure you've heard of before. It's a collection of 12 christmas-themed short stories by so many great authors and I liked the book a lot overall. I added my ratings for the individual stories to my goodreads, which you can have a look at here if you're interested.
  • You Were Mine by Abbi Glines, ★★★★
    This is the ninth book in the Rosemary Beach series and I just really enjoy reading these books. They're fun and fast and I can't wait for the next one to come out. As I've said repeatedly, they're more of a guilty pleasure read and I wouldn't recommend them to everyone.
  • Kiro's Emily by Abbi Glines, ★★★
    This is the tenth installment in the Rosemary Beach series and only an e-novella. But once I'm back into the Rosemary Beach books, I can't stop, so I picked this up right after finishing You Were Mine.
  • Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor, ★★★★
    I wrote a full review of this book here. If you haven't started this trilogy, what are you waiting for?
  • Days of Blood & Starlight by Laini Taylor, ★★★★★
    No, I couldn't stop reading this series, it was too good. Full review here.
  • Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz, ★★★★★
    This was a somewhat forced break from the Daughter of Smoke & Bone trilogy (I didn't have the third book with me when I finished the second one) but it was SO WORTH IT. This is the Little Book Club's book of the months January and February and I'm so glad I picked it up. I wrote a full review for this one as well which you can find here.
  • Breathe by Abbi Glines, ★★
    I still didn't have the third book in the Daughter of Smoke & Bones trilogy when I finished Aristotle and Dante, so I read this one in between. And was really very disappointed. As previously mentioned, I very much enjoy the Rosemary Beach series but Abbi Glines' debut novel fell flat for me. To be honest, the only reason I didn't give this one star is because I never give one star ratings and I like Abbi Glines and I'm hoping that the other books in the Breathe series will be better. Here's my short goodreads review.
  • Dreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor, ★★★★★
    Finally I could read this book and IT WAS SO GOOD. This is one of my new favorite series for sure and I just love Laini Taylor's writing so much. You have to read this series. I'm serious. If you haven't yet, go pick up the books now. I don't have a full length review for this one but here are my thoughts kept short for goodreads.
  • One of the Guys by Lisa Aldin, ★★★★
    I really enjoyed this book and wrote a full review here.

So these are all the books I finished in January, or the month I fell in love with Laini Taylor.

I'm currently reading The Bane Chronicles (finally), which I hope to finish sometime next week. I have so many books I want to get to soon but I'm very bad at doing a TBR for myself, so I'm just going to read what I feel like reading. Since uni starts again next month, I will probably not have as much time to read anymore anyway, but we'll see about that too.

How many books did you read in January? 
What was your favorite?



No comments:

Post a Comment