Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Top 5 Books I Wasn't Expecting To Like But Did

Hello there. I'm here with another Top 5 Wednesday and this week's topic is books we weren't expecting to like but did. So these are the books I picked:



5. To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han
When I picked up this book, I had read and not enjoyed The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han not too long ago and I wasn't sure whether I should give this one a try. But then the story sounded really interesting and like something I could really like and I started the book and was like 'yeah, this was a mistake' at first but then continued and ended up really liking the story.

4. An Abundance of Katherines by John Green
This might seem like an odd choice but I really wasn't sure whether I should read this at first. I was going through a huge John Green phase but this one just hadn't sounded as appealing to me. But obviously I had to pick it up anyway because, you know, it's John Green and I ended up liking it a lot more than I would've thought.

3. The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey
Since everyone was always raving about this book, I figured I would have to give it a try even though the whole alien invasion idea didn't sound like something I would want to read about. But thank god I picked this book up and thank you to everyone who talked about how much they loved this one because I was blown away by this story. It ended up being so much better than I would've expected.

2. The Ocean At The End of The Lane by Neil Gaiman
To be honest, the only reason I bought this book was because there was this tiny edition at my bookstore that I just had to buy. It was so cute, I couldn't resist but I didn't expect to actually like the story. It was very different from what I usually read but I enjoyed it a lot.

1. The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender by Leslye Walton
I just posted a review talking about how much I loved this book even though I didn't expected it. I'll just leave you with a link to that post here without rambling about it again.

So these are my top 5 for this week; let me know if you agree with any of these. Thank you for reading!



4 comments:

  1. I just read The 5th Wave yesterday (tonight at 3 in the morning is more accurate) and I loved it even though I really disliked the romance. And being able to love it after that is amazing.
    The Strange & Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavander was SO SO GOOD! And not to mention how beautiful the writing was. Seriously I'll be the first in line for Leslye Walton's next book (that has to exist or I'll die).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you, although I actually really liked the romance in the 5th Wave. Thanks for reading! :))

      Delete
  2. I was also dubious about An Abundance of Katherines but like you, ended up really enjoying it. In fact, it's almost one of my favourite John Green books I would say!

    Megan // Lazy Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think it's my second favorite after tfios. :)

      Delete