Monday, August 4, 2014

We Were Liars

 

We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
We are liars
We are beautiful and privileged
We are cracked and broken
A tale of love and romance
A tale of tragedy

Which are lies?
Which is the truth?
You decide

Cady Sinclair comes from a privileged family. Every year, she spends the summer on the family's island together with her cousins. Everything is perfect. Or was. Ever since an swimming accident one summer, Cady suffers from devastating headaches that force her to stay in bed for days. She also cannot remember what happened before her accident or anything really that happened that summer. When she returns to the island, she slowly starts to remember.

I enjoyed this book very much. The writing style is unique and lots of short sentences show us how broken Cady is. I won't go into too much detail about this because I think it's best to go into the story not knowing much about it. I didn't know what to expect at all when reading this and I loved discovering the story without any presentiment. What I will say is that I highly recommend reading this to pretty much anyone. It's a rather short book and a lot happens in this short time, so you definitely won't get bored.



No comments:

Post a Comment