Sunday, August 24, 2014

Liebster Award #2

Hello there. I've been nominated for another Liebster Award by the lovely Jess over at My Reading Dress. Even though I've already postet a Liebster Award, I decided to go ahead and answer her questions anyway because they're all book related and I'm really excited.

1. Do you fall for the "pretty cover", and if so, which has been your favourite?
I certainly enjoy a pretty cover. They just look nice on my shelves and isn't that kind of also the point of books? When I go to a book store, I'm usually looking for like one or two books that I want to buy because I've heard good things about them and I always try to only buy those but then end up leaving with five more books because they were so beautiful I couldn't leave them. Sometimes I don't even read what they're about so they end up sitting on my TBR-shelf for ever and I'll admit that that's not ideal, but I just can't resist.

2. What is a hyped book that you've read, but just not agreed on?

The Knife of Never Letting Go. I keep hearing great things about the Chaos Walking series but I just didn't like the first book at all so I have absolutely no desire to continue with the other books. I don't know why so many people like this book so much and I was really disappointed when I read it.

3. Do you have a fictional love interest "type"?
No, I really don't think so. It always depends on the book and usually I just like the main character's love interest because that's who we get to know best.

4. Do you have a guilty pleasure read? If so, then care to share?
Hmm.. This is hard. I would say Twilight because I absolutely loved the series when I first read it but I really can't remember much anymore.

5. Are you a one track mind reader or do you like to balance a large amount of books on your "currently reading"?
I really can't read more than one book at once and I don't understand how other people do it. Isn't the best part about reading to get lost in the world of the book? I can't do that if I'm always switching between worlds. That's also why I always read sequels etc. to books I liked right away because I usually just need more of the world and the characters whenever I finish a good book.

6. Who is your favourite authors(s)?
For contemporaries this is a little easier than other genres in my opinion. I can't really say someone is my favorite author if I only ever read one of their series. Even if that series is one of my favorites. And with contemporaries, you get more stand alones. So I'm going to say Rainbow Rowell (for sure, I love all her books) and John Green. Probably also Sophie Kinsella but I haven't read all of her books and I really need to be in the mood for a Sophie Kinsella book.

7. What is your favourite genre under the YA delineation?
I'm really bad with genres, like really bad. I never know what genre which book belongs to. But I'm just going to say contemporary, fantasy and dystopian.

8. What are some of your most hated YA tropes, and most loved? (think insta!love, love triangle, TSTL protagonists)

Another hard question. I usually don't like love triangles but then sometimes they're really okay and I kind of enjoy them. The same goes for instalove. I've never really minded it but now I also can't think of a case of instalove in a book I read recently. I had to look up TSTL protagonist and then laughed out loud. Yes, I hate that. But they appear so often in the books I read and I can usually still enjoy the story if the rest is okay and just scream at the main character in my head from time to time. I always enjoy a funny and outspoken best friend and sidekick; they make any story a thousand times better. I also really enjoy reading about close families and main characters that love their parents and siblings.

9. Do you have a favourite book(s) read, so far, this year?

I have read so many fantastic books this year. But my absolute favorites would have to be The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey and Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell.

10. Why did you decide to join the blogging community and what do you love most about it?
I've always loved writing and I started a blog when I went to Vancouver for three months to let my friends and family know what I was up to over there. When I got back, I stopped blogging for a year and then decided to start a new one just for fun. And that's what I'm still doing and it's what I love most about it. I can just do this for myself because I liket to do it and without any obligations. I'm still sometimes struggling to find my way around the blogging world because I have a hard time discovering new (book) blogs that I like.

11. Do you have any quirky reading habits? 
I don't really have any special ones. I like to read in bed but I do most of my reading on my way to work. And I always read the last sentence of a book when starting it (even though I've cursed myself multiple times for doing that).

Since this is my second time doing this, I'm not going to tag anyone (I hope that's okay). But a huge thank you again to Jess for nominating me and asking some really toguh questions. Thank you for reading.



2 comments:

  1. I love your answers, Karin! I'm pretty much the same as you--I have a tonne of "pretty" covers lounging on my shelves (but unread :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post! :)
    ~Moll

    www.mollymac13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete