Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Lazy Weekend & City of Bones

Hello you!

I just wanted to write a quick update about what I've been doing lately, even if it wasn't much. We've had the nicest weather here in Switzerland but unfortunately I haven't been able to enjoy it much. Work has been really stressful this past week and I haven't been feeling my bestest health-wise either. It started two weeks ago with a really bad sore throat and then I went through pretty much everything, running nose, headache, coughing etc. Of course the stress at work didn't really help me recover either. 

But as of today I am officially feeling better and hopefully I will be home earlier than 8 p.m. every day from now on. Today I even came home with the sun still up which made me so incredibly happy that I felt like writing a blog post. So here I am.

I spent most of the weekend relaxing at my boyfriend's but we did go into town on Saturday to see my friend at work. Unfortunately, I couldn't bring myself to get out of the house until late afternoon, which meant that all the stores were already closed when we arrived in town. I desperately needed to buy a new book, so I was really angry at myself for not leaving earlier. But then we went into a small shop at the train station that was still open and happened to sell some books as well. And because it was such a small shop, of course it didn't sell any of the books I had wanted to look at but then I spotted City of Bones of the Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare. I've thought about starting to read the series for quite some time but never really felt like it. But since there weren't any other interesting books available, I thought why not give it a try.

I'm now halfway through the book and I haven't really decided whether I like it yet. I feel like I still don't really understand what it's all about but I obviously did like it enough to read 300 pages in two days. I'll probably write about it when I'm finished, though, so if you're interested just watch out for that.

But anyway, that's pretty much everything that's new in my world. If you've read City of Bones, please let me know what you thought about it and maybe you could explain to me what exactly a Shadowhunter is and what all the runes and weapons are for? I don't know if I somehow skipped the part where they explain that but I just don't really get it.

Thank you so much for reading.



No comments:

Post a Comment