Saturday, February 15, 2014

Goodreads & Every Day

Hello there, lovely person.

As you may have noticed, I changed my blog layout a little. Mostly because I really wanted to add the Goodreads Reading Challenge widget. I've discovered goodreads a while back on someone's blog (I just can't remember who it was) and I really liked the website. I can't believe I haven't found it earlier, it's such a great way to keep track of the books I read and also to find new books. I haven't added all the books I've read but intend to do so at some point. If you're interest you can check that out here. And if you're a book lover like me, you should definitely have a look at the website in general.

So for 2014 I've set a goal of reading 30 books. I wanted to put 50 at first but that's quite a lot and I don't think I will be reading as much as I am now all throughout the year. So I decided to go with 30 because I think that I should be able to reach that. The only problem is that until now I've finished 8 books and I have one at home that I want to read but that still means that I have to find 21 other ones that I like. So if you have any recommendations, you're very welcome to leave them in the comments because I might be facing a serious problem here.



The reason I'm writing this post now is because I've just finished 'Every Day' by David Levithan yesterday evening. And I kind of liked the book very much but also kind of didn't like it at all. I've been reading a lot of these young adult books lately like the John Green Books and The Perks of Being a Wallflower. And I just liked all of those better than Every Day.

If you don't know the book, it's about this person called A who wakes up in a different body everyday.  I thought this was quite a nice and unique idea, so that's why I bought the book in the first place. Now one day, A is in the body of Justin and falls in love with his girlfriend. And after that it all gets really complicated. And I'm obviously not going to tell you what happens but it all gets very philosophical and a little too much for me.

But it was still a good book and very easy to read. I like the fact that it's just a chapter for each day and you get to know so many different people because A is alway someone new the next day. But somehow I feel like he never really wakes up in a body of someone 'normal'. I know there's no such thing like a normal person because everyone's different but there just wasn't anyone that I felt like could be me. Or the people I know. A always wakes up in I think 16 year olds and I just couldn't really relate to most of them.

So, all in all, I do like it I'm just not absolutely in love with it. But I did read it in only like 1.5 days so  it definitely does get you hooked.

Thank you for reading and if you've read the book too, please feel free to tell me what you thought about it!


No comments:

Post a Comment